We are committed to respecting your privacy and complying with laws and regulations to ensure that the personal information you give us is kept secure and processed fairly.
Sister Jane UK Limited is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 7529595
How we collect your personal information
We may collect your personal information through one of the following ways:
- When you visit and use our websites (the “sites”)
- When you visit our store
- When you interact with our digital content or sign up to our newsletters
- When you contact our customer services team by telephone or email
- or when you complete any forms for transactional, employment and other purposes.
What information do we collect?
In addition to personal details such as your name, email, telephone number, address and payment details, Sister Jane may also collect some of the following personal information about you:
- Details of transactions you make from Sister Jane (in-store or via the sites)
- Details of shopping preferences, such as favourite products
- Details of your visits to our sites
- Details of when you contact our customer services team by email, phone or live chat from our Sites
- Other information from which we can identify you.
How do we use your information?
We will treat your information as private and confidential (but we reserve the right to disclose this information in certain circumstances, as set out below). Your personal information can be used in any of the following ways:
- Process and fulfil any orders you make via the sites or in-store (please note that your details may need to be passed to a third party in order for them to deliver the product you ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction, in order to fulfil any contractual obligations, such as refunds, guarantees, etc).
- To process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details of these purposes for a reasonable period of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions).
- With your consent, we will retain your personal information, preferences and details of your transactions in order to keep you informed by email, post, and/or through other digital means including social media platforms, about products and services (including special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on) offered by Sister Jane.
- To register you on the sites or in-store and where this involves setting you up with an account, we will use your personal information to maintain and update your account (e.g. such as a change of address or change in your push notification preferences).
- To improve the content and appearance of the sites, to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- To assess and process your job application (we may retain a record of your information for a reasonable period of time following the end of our recruitment selection process for administration purposes).
- To administer any prize draws or competitions run by Sister Jane. Please refer to the specific terms & conditions for each prize draw or competition.
Who we share your information with
In certain circumstances, as mentioned above, we may share your personal information with carefully-selected third parties, who are engaged to help us run, manage and improve the quality of the products and services that we offer, as well as for marketing and fraud and credit checking purposes, and/or to protect and defend the rights and property of Sister Jane. We only provide these companies with the information which they need to carry out their services, and they will not be permitted to use the information for other purposes. We require all third parties to treat your personal information as carefully and confidentially as we do.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information or any other information we obtain about you, we are entitled do so.
Payments using our sites are made through our payment solutions provider, Shopify, Worldpay, First Data and Paypal. You will be providing credit or debit card information direct to our provider who process payment details further.
The personal information that you provide through the sites is processed in the United Kingdom and is stored on servers internationally, including but not limited to: USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and EEA.
We may transfer information that we collect from you to our sister company Ghospell, other companies who promote and sell Sister Jane products and to selected service providers who perform functions on our behalf (each as described above), based in countries outside of the U.K. and the European Economic Area ("EEA") or your country of residence. This information may be stored and processed in such countries.
Your data protection rights
You have the right to request a copy of, amend, limit or delete the personal information we hold about you. You may do this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the reason for this request. Please note that we may require you to verify your identity before allowing you to access your personal information.
We will generally only keep your information as long as you remain an active customer and for 5 years afterwards, or otherwise as required for our business operations or by applicable laws. We may need to retain certain personal information even once a customer account has been closed or deleted to enforce our terms, to identify, issue or resolve legal claims, for fraud prevention and/or for proper record keeping purposes. We may also retain a record of any stated objection by you to receiving Sister Jane updates for the purpose of ensuring we can continue to respect your wishes and not contact you further. Your personal information will be deleted or destroyed in a manner that cannot be restored or reproduced.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter just email us at email@example.com or follow the instructions about how to unsubscribe, available in all our newsletters. Alternatively, you can contact our Customer Services Team on (+31) 20-7370248.
Third party links
Local storage is technology which allows a website or an app to store and retrieve data on your mobile phone or other device. We use local storage to enable certain features, including to store certain parts of our sites on your device, so that those pages load more quickly when you next visit them.
You can set your browser to reject cookies or you can delete them yourself if you wish, however, please by aware that restricting cookies and/or local storage will impact on your user experience and may prevent you from using part of our sites. You can also control the use of local storage using your browser settings.
By proceeding beyond this page, you consent to our cookie and local storage settings and agree that you understand this Policy. For more information on how to enable or disable cookies click here.
Cookies at SisterJane.com
Strictly Necessary Site Cookies
These cookies are used by our online shop platform, Shopify. They track visits to the shop and allow you to use essential features of our sites, such as processing orders and collecting payments. If we did not use these cookies you would be unable to use our sites for shopping, only for browsing.
- Local storage
These are common performance cookies that many websites use. They collect information about how you use our sites, so that we can elevate your user experience and improve the quality of our sites and service. All information collected is anonymous, and we will not share this information with third parties.
These cookies allow us to offer you a customised browsing experience, by providing you with interest based services both on this sites and on some other websites too.